Who we are
Tal Healthcare is led by Lea Tal. Growing up, Lea was keenly aware of two driving forces in her life: one, her need to help others and two, her need to be the boss. She always bossed around her two older brothers and took care of them when they were hurt. In college Lea quickly gravitated toward the social sciences and graduated with a degree in Psychology and Sociology from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Right out of college, Lea began a business in the clothing industry. When her kids came along, she realized that clothing was not her passion. She knew that if she was going to work outside of the home she needed to feel passionate about it. That is when Lea entered the healthcare industry. Helping Healthcare professionals progress their careers was like a calling. Starting out as a healthcare recruiter for another group, Lea quickly worked her way up to Senior Vice President of Recruitment. Her track record of success earned her praise and respect from her clients and colleagues. After ten years in the healthcare executive search business, Lea put her talents and knowledge together with an entrepreneurial drive; she opened Tal Healthcare in February of 2006. Having established Tal Healthcare, Lea spends her days helping others (to achieve their career goals) and being the boss (of her own company).
Leveraging 21 plus years of experience in healthcare recruitment, Lea leads her team of seasoned executive recruiters with a passion for forging dynamic professional relationships. Tal Healthcare is consistently growing and expanding, now with 26 employees. Lea and her company continue to receive awards and accolades for outstanding leadership and service:
- 2017: 914INC. Women in Business Honoree
- 2017: Crain’s New York Business – Top Executive Recruiting Firms
- 2016: Crain’s New York Business – Top Executive Recruiting Firms
- 2015: Modern Healthcare – Top Healthcare Executive Search Firms
- 2011: Westchester county Business Journal – “WOW” Woman of Westchester
- 2010: National Association of Professional and Executive Women – Woman of the Year in Healthcare Search Firms.
Lea attributes her professional success to a powerful work ethic, consistent relationship building and surrounding herself with very accomplished employees, co-workers, clients and candidates. At the helm of Tal Healthcare, Lea is the boss who helps others.
What we do
Healthcare Recruitment for Clients:
We help grow and develop teams. Selecting the right people for your organization is crucial to your continued success. Tal healthcare builds our clients’ teams by matching candidates to company culture. Because discretion is often required, we use intelligent strategies even when searches are urgent. At Tal Healthcare we combine traditional approaches with innovative ones. We cold-call, we utilize social media, we target with email marketing, we create original content, we participate in groups with the larger healthcare community, we network, we seek referrals – all to attract passive candidates. Ultimately the spirit of integrity is the foundation of Tal Healthcare. We offer trusted collaboration and honest guidance to our clients.
Connect with us to learn more about how we can collaborate with you.
Healthcare Recruitment for Candidates:
We match candidates with opportunities at all levels of healthcare:
- C suite, VPs, Executives, Managers, Directors
- Physicians with practice opportunities for all specialties and levels of administrative responsibility – from Internists to Specialists, Medical Directors and CMOs.
- Leadership – opportunities to lead in ways that require a clinical background
- Quality – including roles that monitor utilization review and quality improvement
- Advance Practice Clinicians – including PAs, NPs, CRNAs, and more
- Nursing – including clinical roles and careers that require RN backgrounds
Let us know what opportunities you seek – we have direct access to unlisted opportunities at numerous facilities.
Identify, attract, engage and connect the best possible talent while building nurturing, long-term relationships with our client partners based on integrity, trust and the pursuit of excellence.
Develop and retain the best consultants, where trust and caring are central to fostering professional growth, integrity, ethics, quality, professionalism, continuous improvement, and to embrace innovation and change.
Partnering with our clients to build talented teams and advance the healthcare careers of our candidates.